Monday, April 4, 2011

Ralph's Famous Italian Ices






Ralph's is known as the home of the world's finest Italian ices. With locations all over Long Island, it's usually a debate between Ralph's and Rita's, I personally like Ralph's the best.

I was introduced to this place by one of my childhood friends when I was 10-years-old and it was love at first sight. With an overwhelming amount of flavors to choose from, this place has something for everybody.

My favorite flavor of all time is the Milky Way Ice which consists of chocolate Italian ice with little bits of milky way and caramel; it's simply out of this world.

With 60 degree weather today, I knew it was time to kick start the warm breeze with a delicious summer treat. My sister Lili and I went to Ralph's in Franklin Square on 531 Franklin Avenue for sundaes, something we've never tried from here before.

I got a chocolate chip cookie sundae that had a warm jumbo cookie split in half on top of vanilla ice cream and hot fudge topped with homemade whipped cream and chocolate chips.

My eyes were way bigger than my stomach and I couldn't even get through half of the cup. Though the ice cream and whipped cream was really good, the cookie was a little too hard for my liking.

Unfortunately, my sister was disappointed with her choice as well. She got a toasted marshmallow sundae that had vanilla ice cream, mini marshmallows, hot fudge and whipped cream.

"I think they call it toasted marshmallow sundae because the marshmallows are so old and hard that they taste toasted," Lili said adding, "But that doesn't stop me from eating it."


Ralph's is closed throughout winter and just recently opened for the season. I recommend to go get it while the lines are still short since there's lines down the block during the summer. Try out the creme flavors: milky way, canoli, and rocky road as well as class flavors: rainbow, strawberry, mango, and lemon.

Though today was a disappointment I took it as a lesson to stick to what Ralph's knows best, Italian ices. After all, you wouldn't go to Baskin Robbins for an Italian ice would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment