Monday, April 25, 2011

The Chocolate Duck



For Easter, my family received a basket of assorted baked goods including cookies, jelly beans and a beautifully decorated giant chocolate egg from The Chocolate Duck.


Just by looking at the display, I knew The Chocolate Duck was my kind of bakery. The chocolate egg is creatively adorned with flowers, butterflies, ladybugs and bumblebees. Even the "grass" inside of the egg was edible, made out of chocolate covered coconut. Inside the shell was even more chocolate, from milk chocolate to peanut butter eggs.

My family has been raving about the melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies while I've been keeping it my little secret that the chocolate chip cookies are to die for. They almost taste like Entenmann's chocolate chip cookies except bigger and better.

If you have a special event coming up or in need of a thoughtful gift, I would definitely recommend The Chocolate Duck. I've never been to the actual store but members of citysearch.com give it 4 out of 5 stars and say that it has a huge selection of candy making and cake decorating supplies.

Newsday calls The Chocolate Duck, located at 310 Main Street in Farmingdale, one of the best in the metropolitan region.

No comments:

Post a Comment